Full Time Job Available!!
Job Title: Full-Time ReStore Assistant Manager
Reports To: ReStore Manager and President and CEO
Supervises: ReStore Volunteers and ReStore Staff Members
Classification: Full-Time, 40 Hours a Week, Non-Exempt Status
Time Commitment: Must have availability on Saturdays and be able to work forty (40) hours a week.
Responsibilities: Listed below are the key responsibilities. This list is not all-inclusive, but is a general guideline regarding expected responsibilities of the position. The ReStore Assistant Manager may be asked to perform other duties as deemed necessary by the President and CEO and/or ReStore Manager.
- Drive ReStore donations, sales, and profits to further the Dorchester Habitat for Humanity Mission.
- Provide supervision, support, management, training and encouragement to ReStore staff members and volunteers.
- Facilitate a positive team-oriented environment in which all ReStore staff members and volunteers are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Maintain efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Assist the ReStore Manager in achieving operational and/or financial goals.
- Familiar with the ReStore operating budget.
- Work in conjunction with the President and CEO, ReStore Manager and Board of Directors to implement and/or maintain operations, safety policies, customer service and/or personnel policies and procedures.
- Implement cost saving ideas.
- Supervise the placement of ReStore volunteers.
- Understand ReStore policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Manager and/or President and CEO.
- Experience in responsible leadership, directing successful teams, and accountability for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading, and developing staff members and/or volunteers in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Clear SLED and FBI Check
- Ability to provide direction in a positive and affirming manner.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- High school degree or the equivalent.
- Valid South Carolina State Drivers License.
- A good driving record.
- Ability to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to spend the majority of the day standing and/or moving about the ReStore.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, donors, volunteers, the general public, customers and a variety of cultures and personalities.
- Self-starter who takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and take advantage of opportunities and asks for help when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and flexible approaches to resolve challenges, improve work processes and/or focus attention on desired objectives.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Power Point, QuickBooks, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex responsibilities.
- Gets the job done on time. Works well under pressure.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of furniture moving techniques helpful.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers and donors.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel and reach, often in awkward and/or tiring positions.
- Work environment is mostly in an air-conditioned and/or heated warehouse facility with a frequent need to work outside of facility in existing weather conditions to maintain facility, assist customers and donors, and perform operational and management responsibilities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Please submit an application to Edward Brockington; firstname.lastname@example.org; 101 Greyback Road, Summerville, SC 29483; or PO Box 1685, Summerville, SC 29484.