Your Impacts & Investments in our Community
Everyday, Dorchester Habitat sees how safe and stable homes change lives throughout our community.
Thanks to your partnership, Dorchester Habitat helps families achieve the dream of homeownership. Together, we touch more lives and build hope for more of our neighbors. Safe, decent , affordable homes build thriving communities.
For a current report about Dorchester Habitat’s goals, our strategy and capacity for achieving them and how we measure our success, please take a look at our audited financials. Dorchester Habitat values integrity and transparency in all that we do.
To download the pdf files, please click below:
- IRS Form 990 – 2013
- IRS Form 990 – 2014
- IRS Form 990 – 2015
- IRS Form 990 – 2016
- Financial Statements June 30, 2013
- Financial Statements June 30, 2014
- Financial Statements June 30, 2015
- Financial Statements June 30, 2016
- Financial Statements June 30, 2017
Your Rights as a Donor:
When soliciting funds from the public or from donor institutions, Dorchester Habitat for Humanity uses material that is truthful about the organization. Dorchester Habitat for Humanity respects the privacy concerns of individual donors and expends funds consistent with donor intent. Dorchester Habitat for Humanity discloses important and relevant information to potential donors.
In raising funds from the public, Dorchester Habitat for Humanity will respect the rights of donors as follows:
- Donors will be informed of the mission of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity, the way that resources will be used and their capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes;
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities;
- To have access to Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s most recent financial statements;
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for purposes for which they are given;
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition;
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law;
- Approach donors in a professional manner;
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity, or hired solicitors;
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailings lists that Dorchester Habitat for Humanity may intend to share; and
- Are encouraged to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
This list has been developed and approved by professional organizations engaged in philanthropy.