ReStore Floor and Warehouse Assistant
Reports To: ReStore Managers and President and CEO
Classification: Full-Time, 40 Hours Per Week, Hourly, Non-Exempt Status
Time Commitment: Must have open availability Monday-Saturday and be able to work 40 hours per week.
Duties and Tasks
- Assist customers and donors with loading and unloading donations, merchandise and purchases in a safe and effective manner.
- Responsible for moving and placing of donations, merchandise and purchases. This includes, but is not limited to, the operation and use of forklift and related equipment.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with customers, donors, team members and volunteers regarding the loading, off-loading and handling requirements of donations, merchandise and purchases.
- Adhere to safety standards.
- Assist in screening merchandise offered for donation for compliance with acceptance standards.
- Distribution of donation receipts, information and/or marketing materials.
- Respond to customer and donor inquiries. Provide outstanding service to customers and donors.
- Maintain a clean and orderly ReStore. This includes, but is not limited to, the sales floor, loading and unloading areas, entrances, exits, public restroom facilities and all work areas.
- Within the scope of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s Mission and operating policies, understand and respect the needs of customers, donors, volunteers and team members and respond to them in an efficient, courteous and respectful manner.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Dorchester Habitat for Humanity’s goals, mission, philosophy and policies and demonstrate this understanding in daily interactions.
- Maintain effective and professional working relationships with customers, donors, volunteers, team members and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by the ReStore Managers and/or President and CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Clear SLED and FBI check.
- Good and effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal abilities and skills.
- Able to safely lift (and position) at least fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to stand, squat, bend and climb in and out of a truck on a frequent basis.
- Knowledge of furniture moving techniques is preferred.
- Good familiarity with building materials.
- Able to operate warehouse material handling equipment, including, but not limited to, a forklift, hand truck and dolly.
- Able to complete jobs and tasks on time.
- Works well with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Eighteen (18) years or older.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of documents and instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, and/or schedule form, such as safety rules, operating and/or maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit an application to Edward Brockington; email@example.com; 101 Greyback Road, Summerville, SC 29483; PO Box 1685, Summerville SC 29484.